It’s time to get back to work.
The weekend is over and so is your desire to get out there and get going.
Monday’s are hard, but starting the week out right can make all the difference!
Here are some tips and tricks to give yourself the boost of energy you need to get yourself from Monday to the Weekend!
- SUNLIGHT! Open your blinds just a little bit before bed so that you can be awakened by the sunlight! Get up before the sun or don’t feel comfortable sleeping with the blinds open? Invest in a sunlight imitation lamp! When your alarm goes off slap that baby on and get your natural body clock into “go” mode!
- Music. Who doesn’t get pumped when you hear your favorite song come on? We all have a “motivational song” or an “I can do this song”, so instead of hearing the annoying “BEEP BEEP BEEP!”, try downloading a song that gets you excited and set that as your alarm ringtone. The way we wake up is a huge part of how well our day will turn out!
- Breathe. Take time in the morning (and throughout the day if necessary) to just breathe. It’s Monday, you have a whole week of work and things to do ahead of you, so take it one task at a time. You can’t do it all at once anyway, so why worry about it? Take ten seconds, fifteen seconds, two minutes… however long you have/need and breathe in and out, focusing on how it feels and letting your mind and body relax. Then get to work!
- Prep on Saturday/Sunday. Have a rough week coming up? Do a little preparation by making your favorite snack and breaking it up into portions that you can have for those extra rough moments throughout the week. Or if you’re a planner sit down the night before and make a list of things to do; list them in order of importance.
- Exercise. A lot of you out there may not “love” working out (I’m one of those people), but I promise you that if you start with even 10 min. of working out in the morning your day will be better! Working out in the morning jumpstarts your metabolism and gets your energy into motion. I’ve experienced how well this works firsthand.
And of course, because life is “what we make it”, more than any of the things listed above, ATTITUDE, is seriously everything. If you tell yourself you’re going to have a good day no matter what, if you tell yourself that you are in control of how you feel and what you do, you will have a good day, week, and life.
*More articles coming on the power of positive thinking.
Remember “It’s a good day to have a good day”, everyday, even Monday’s.
In addition to these things, if you find that you want a little extra help planning and keeping yourself on task, try out these wonderful apps!